- SEO – Make sure your website can be found by potential diners searching for keywords related to your restaurant. That means making sure your best-selling dishes are on your website (not in pdf form!), your address and hours are up-to-date, your phone number is easily visible, and your website is clean and easy to navigate regardless of whether someone is using a phone, a tablet, or a desktop computer. It also helps to create a Google Business profile and keep it updated, which helps your business show up in local searches.
- PPC – Increase your visibility with pay-per-click advertising on Google and other search engines. When SEO doesn’t quite do it for you, or you want to hit a larger audience really fast, paid advertising is the way to go. Whether you’re advertising on Google, TikTok, Instagram, or Facebook, you’ll want to be seen. Social media advertising is often even a little more cost-effective for advertising than Google! Generally, you can set a reasonable budget and let your ads run. You may also be interested in advertising in local newspapers, magazines, billboards, television, or radio if that fits your target restaurant audience.
- Social Media – Get active on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to reach new customers. Interact with people who are interested – or potentially interested – in your restaurant. Answer questions, reply to comments, post pictures or videos of your delicious food, and reap the benefits! Social media is also very useful for sharing user generated content, which is even more appealing to potential customers than your own content.
- Email Marketing – Send newsletters, special offers, and other promotional material to current and potential customers to keep them engaged. Those who sign up for your newsletter can receive discounts or special offers that will make them want to keep coming back!
- Referral Programs – Reward customers for referring new business to you with discounts, coupons, and other perks. These kinds of programs can be smash hits. When your loyal customers are rewarded for bringing their friends and family in, they’ll be even more loyal, and more likely to keep referring business!
- Loyalty Programs – This might initially seem like it’s just a way to retain the customers you have, but that’s not the case! Loyalty programs are a great way for you to allow your customers to do the talking for you. Loyalty programs encourage customers to keep coming back, and offer your restaurant as an option whenever “where do we want to eat?” comes up in a conversation.
- Swag Giveaways – This has a bit of an upfront cost, but is often worth it in the long run. Giving away free branded shirts, keychains, phone cases, pens, or pizza cutters is a great way to spread the word about your restaurant. Everywhere your swag goes, your brand is being seen. Plus, people love to win or earn free stuff.
- Host Events – sponsor a local event like trivia night or a music group to encourage patrons that might not normally come to your restaurant. You’ll increase customers and get the word out about your restaurant at the same time!
Another great way to help your business is to use Reachify, which is a great automated phone platform that will allow you time to focus on your customers and the food you’re making! Learn more here.